Strong applicants will be attending a four-year university with a chosen quantitative major (science, math, engineering, accounting) and will display the following:
Essential duties and responsibilities will include:
Strong preference will be given to applicants with experience using:
This is a paid internship - $15 per hour. Your schedule will be between one and two days per week depending on coursework.
Wells Levitt is looking for an accounting associate with 1-3 years experience in practical accounting. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a handful of high net worth individuals, rapidly growing startups, and good-old fashioned SMBs. Expect a fast-paced, demanding environment where you’ll report to and learn from a team of incredibly talented MBAs and CPAs. The standards for your performance, professionalism, work ethic, and confidentiality will be rigorous, but fair.
The job will be a mix of practical accounting, operations, and administrative tasks. You’ll be responsible for fielding multiple inboxes and setting up your managers for success in producing client deliverables.
Strong communication skills – both verbal and written – are required.
What You’ll Do:
· Reconciliation of bank accounts
· Process accounts receivable/payable
· Manage past-due accounts
· Prepare monthly financial statements
· Scan invoices and deposit checks
· Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information
· Assist with monthly close
· Perform ad hoc duties as assigned by client managers – including scheduling meetings and organizing project workflows
· Miscellaneous administrative office tasks, i.e., filing, printing, etc.
What You’ll Bring:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
· Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
· Someone who can execute well and flourish in an entrepreneurial environment
· Skilled multi-tasker who is reliable and committed to meeting deadlines
· Tech savvy and resourceful